Due to possible changes in our policies, we suggest you check often to see if any upgrades or improvements have been introduced. If you become an OxaMedia publisher, it will be your responsibility to keep up to date and follow the guidelines listed here.
Invalid Clicks and Impressions
Publishers are not permitted to click their own advertisements or use any method to inflate impressions and/or clicks artificially, including any manual procedures. Each Click on OxaMedia ads must originate from authentic user interest.
Alternative methods that artificially generate clicks or impressions on your OxaMedia ads are strictly prohibited. Methods which are prohibited include, ‘but not limited to’ repeated manual clicks or impressions, automated click and impression generating tools and the use of robots, ‘redirected’ or misleading software. Please be advised that it is prohibited to click on your own ads for any reason. OxaMedia does not permit Publishers to encourage others to click their ads or use deceptive techniques to obtain clicks. These can include, ‘but not limited to’ providing incentives to users for viewing advertisements and/or to carry out searches, proposing financial reward to third parties for such behavior or the insertion of images next to individual ads.
In order to safeguard a pleasant experience for users and advertisers, publishers participating in the OxaMedia program are not permitted to:
- Reward users for viewing ads, carry out searches, or propose financial settlement to third parties in lieu of such behavior.
- Encourage users to click the OxaMedia advertisements using expressions like “support this campaign”, “click this ad”, “visit these links” or other similar phrases.
- Guide user attention to the ads using indicators or other graphic publicity stunts. Position deceptive images adjacent to individual ads.
- Position ads in a floating box script.
- Design ads so that they become identical to other content on the same page.
- Build site content so that it becomes difficult to identify it from ads.
- Position misleading labels above OxaMedia ad units. For example, ads may be labeled “Advertisements”, or “Sponsored Links” but not “Favorite Sites” or “Top Offers”.
It is not allowed to insert Oxamedia tags on pages with content that violates any of our guidelines. Websites that display OxaMedia advertising must not include content or links concerning:
- Sales of alcoholic beverages
- Sales of tobacco or related products
- Sales of prescription medication
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms and/or its components, combat knives, taser guns)
- Sale of products that are copy or imitation of designer goods
- Sales or distribution of student essays or coursework
- Pornography or any related adult material
- Material related to racial prejudices or discrimination against any individual, group or institution
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Illicit drugs
- Content in regard to programs which credit users carry out searches, click ads or offers, surf websites or read emails
- Any illegal content or that which promotes illegal activity or breaches the legal rights of others
Publishers can insert OxaMedia tags only on pages with content written in the supported languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (traditional), Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish.
OxaMedia advertisements should not be placed on pages receiving traffic from certain sources.
Websites displaying OxaMedia ads must not:
- Use third-party assistance that creates clicks or impressions such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, auto-surf as well as click-exchange programs.
- Allow promotion through unsolicited mass emails or undesired adverts on third-party websites.
- Use any software that can launch pop-ups, redirect users to undesired websites, alter browser settings as well as interfere with site navigation. It is your responsibility to make sure that no advertising network or affiliate uses such methods to direct traffic to pages that contain your OxaMedia code.
Implementation of ads
Publishers are required to use an assortment of placements and ad formats.
OxaMedia code should not be positioned in unsuitable places such as emails, software or iframes. Publishers are obliged to comply with the policies for each product used.
Oxamedia ads must not be:
- Integrated with any kind of software application (this includes toolbars).
- hidden by elements of the page
- Positioned on any non-content-based page.
- Positioned on pages designed specifically for the aim of displaying ads.
- Placed on pages whose information or URLs may lead users into believing it to be associated with OxaMedia because of a misuse of trademarks, logos or other similar brand features.
OxaMedia makes use of the OxaMedia cookie on publisher websites that exhibit OxaMedia for content ads. In relation to any applicable laws, rules and regulations, the Publisher will be entitled to the sole and exclusive right to use all data resulting from your use of the OxaMedia cookie for any purpose in relation to your business, this is based on the understanding that OxaMedia may use and disclose such data subject to the terms of OxaMedia’s advertising privacy policies and any applicable laws, rules and regulations.